Friday, April 30, 2010

It's Friday! That means Valborg... AND Wednesday music!


Good morning fellow POP-enthusiasts, to day it's wednesday! No you say? Well your wrong. I'm never wrong.
There have been some questions regarding the way we present the music song by song instead of just posting a playlist. One person who apparently likes to stay anonymous said the following:
Anonymous said...
heres an idea! cant you make the popplaylist and post it here on the blog. so i dont have to press all songs.
APRIL 28, 2010 9:25 AM
I must say that - after having it pointed out to me - it seems like the only right thing to do (In other words, YES it's a great idea!). So from now on I'm going to post one playlist instead of on-click links to every song. Hope that clears up the issue (?). If I get the time I might even do the same to the old posts but don't get your hopes up, I'm a lazy man, just the way god intended me to be.
This week's playlist is hard to describe in words so I'm not even going to try. Let's just say it's a good mix of whatever! And with whatever I mean a pile of good shit. Hardcore electronic, Sweet pop, and other nice tunes.

Shiny Toy Guns - "Le Disko"
A great song from there 2008 record. I can't say I like everything they do but some of the stuff is, let's say, special.

Le Sport - "Your brother is my only hope"
This is euro-disco at it's best! The band haven't produced so much over the years but the 2006 album always makes me smile.

Firefox AK - "What's that sound"
Fist time I heard this woman was in a snowboard film that some guy's from Umeå made (random bastards). I was hooked immediately, and have been ever since. Firefox AX's sound have really evolved over the last years so this record is somewhat different from here newer stuff. Have a go at both new and old songs!

Simian and Justice - "We Are your Friends"
To masters meet… and yes it works.

Crystal Castles - Crimewave
New to me but they released this in 2008. There music is very experimental but this one should work for thous who aren't interested in that sort of thing

Zoot Woman - "It's automatic"
Just listen… and then listen more, then listen to there other stuff.. and through it all, just enjoy!

Yeasayer - "Ampling Alp"
Aah. just wonderful!

Of Montreal - "Wraith Pinned to the Mist"
Another one of thous things I'v missed before but now can't get enough of. Experimental band so everything isn't my taste but this and many more still work damn good!

Glad valborg önskar POP!

Playlists:

1 comment: